As we anticipate the outpourings of the Spirit that are prophesied for the end-time, we must also accept the gifts of the Spirit that come as being essential for our purpose in the end-time. These gifts enable us as God’s people to walk in the Spirit amidst the deception and manipulation by evil spirits taking place in the world. During this Pentecost season let us seek a greater immersion in Christ’s spiritual Kingdom and an equipping by spiritual gifts to be His instruments in the earth.
During this Pentecost, we should contend for a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon us. Joel prophesied that God will pour out His Spirit on all mankind as we move into the latter days. This outpouring occurs at the time the children of Israel are restored to their land, when God pours out His Spirit on them and they seek and find Him as He brings them out of the nations where they were sent. He also brings judgment upon those nations for their treatment of Israel.
We are seeing these end-time prophecies unfold before our eyes, and as we walk through these times we will need a greater immersion into the realm of spirit. It is one thing to desire an outpouring of the Spirit. It is another thing to recognize that the accompanying gifts of the Spirit come with the purpose of enabling the body of Christ to function in the realm of Christ’s spiritual Kingdom.
The natural world is far more motivated by the spirit world than people realize. As believers in Christ, we should have the discerning of spirits to know what spirits are at work. We should have the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, and the gift of prophecy to effectively administer God’s will in the earth. In these days of the greatest deception mankind has ever faced, we cannot be affected by the deluding spirits but instead be moved by the Spirit of truth. We have the keys of the Kingdom. Let us use them in this day.
- Leviticus 23:15-16. “You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh sabbath.”
- Leviticus 23:20-21. “The priest shall then wave them with the bread of the first fruits.”
- Acts 2:1-4. “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.”
- Joel 2:28-31. “I will pour out my Spirit in those days.”
- Isaiah 44:2-6. “I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring … And will name Israel’s name with honor.”
- Ezekiel 39:28-29. “Gathered … again to their own land … I will have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel.”
- Zechariah 12:9-10. “In that day … I will pour out on the house of David.”
- John 3:3-5. “Unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
- John 14:3. “That where I am, there you may be also.”
- Revelation 1:7. “Every eye will see Him.”
- John 14:15-17. “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper … the Spirit of truth.”
- John 7:38-39. “From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.”
- John 14:25-27. “The Holy Spirit … will teach you all things.”
- John 16:12-15. “The Spirit of truth … will disclose to you what is to come.”
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11. “The same Spirit … distributing to each one individually just as He wills.”
- 1 Corinthians 2:8-16. “A natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit.”
- Romans 8:25-27. “He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is.”
- Judges 9:23. “God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem.”
- 1 Samuel 18:10-12. “An evil spirit from God came mightily upon Saul.”
- 1 Kings 22:19-23. “I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.”
- 2 Kings 6:15-17. “The LORD opened the servant’s eyes and he saw.”
- 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12. “Whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan.”
- Matthew 16:16-18. “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven.”
- 1 Corinthians 14:1. “Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts.”
- Isaiah 11:3. “He will not judge by what His eyes see, nor make a decision by what His ears hear.”
- “The moving of the Holy Spirit from within us is the empowering of the believer to be a witness and to move as the arms and legs of Christ in this generation.”
- “We are entering times of the end. And I believe the more we get into end-time events, the more we’re going to find that they are spiritually initiated and spiritually caused. There is a spiritual root to what’s happening and motivating people.”
- “Most of what’s going to happen in the conflicts of the end time are based on this very reality: People are moved by deluding influences by spiritual forces that are driving what is taking place in the earth. And they are believing what is false.”
- It seems to us from a human standpoint that Christ should have left us something that is far more relatable on the natural level. But His Kingdom is established in the realm of spirit. So He does not give us a natural, earthly helper, He gives us the Spirit of Truth who will teach us what we need to know to function in His spiritual Kingdom.
- The gifts of the Spirit become very important in this day. The word of knowledge shows us by the Spirit what we need to know about what is going on in the world. The word of wisdom gives us the wisdom of the Lord in situations we find ourselves in. These gifts very much apply to these last days when lies and deception are playing such a major role.
- We, as the body of Christ, cannot be in a place where we do not understand what is going on around us. If we do not have the wisdom or the discernment to see and know by the Spirit, we will find ourselves being deceived. We will find ourselves being confused, struggling in our own natural understanding and not being effective in our ministry.