The book of Daniel contains visions of spiritual forces causing climactic events in the earth. But our focus cannot be on those events. Whatever we are facing, whatever is coming upon the earth in our time, the main point of these visions is that the saints of the Highest One will receive the Kingdom and will possess the Kingdom for all ages to come. Our focus must be on knowing the Lord. That will turn loose the greatest force in the days ahead.
The stories, the visions, and the prophecies that we read in the Scriptures are written as examples to us and have practical application for us today. The book of Daniel, for one, contains several visions that show the progression of spiritual battles, both natural and spiritual, down through the ages up until the possession of the Kingdom. Instead of trying to interpret these visions, I want to focus on the practical instructions they provide for us as believers in the spiritual battles we face today.
In his visions Daniel saw four beasts coming up out of the water. And we know that these four beasts represent four kingdoms or governments that will be on the earth. These governments are seen as battling against Israel and against God in the establishment of His Kingdom. We can look in terror at these kingdoms that are coming upon the earth to control and to destroy, but the true emphasis of these Scriptures needs to be burned in our hearts.
The emphasis of these visions is not on the difficult events taking place in the earth. The emphasis is on the fact that the saints possess the Kingdom. Because of this, satan comes directly against the saints to wear us down. Therefore, we must press in to know the Lord because those who know the Lord will be strong, will take action, and will have the discernment and understanding to help others make it through these times.
- 1 Corinthians 10:11–12. “They were written for our instruction.”
- Daniel 7:3–14. “His dominion is an everlasting dominion which will not pass away.”
- Daniel 7:15–18. “The saints of the Highest One will receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever.”
- Daniel 7:19–25. “That horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them until … the saints took possession of the kingdom.”
- Daniel 11:32–33. “Those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many.”
- Daniel 12:9–10. “Many will be purged, purified and refined, … but those who have insight will understand.”
- “If we know the Father, if we know the Son, if we know the Holy Spirit, we are going to be able to display strength, and we are going to be able to take action.”
- “The faith is knowing that God is setting up His Kingdom, and whatever we’re experiencing for right now is very short-lived because the emphasis and the focus of this whole time is the judgments to come as God sets up his Kingdom on the earth.”
- “The enemy’s forces are going to be ignorant, but God’s people are going to be strengthened and have insight.”
- The Messiah will come during this time and establish His Kingdom on the earth, but there will be battle leading up to that Kingdom, and it will be specifically focused on wearing out the saints through lies and deceptive words. People will be corrupted and be turned to godlessness by virtue of this deception. Yet the people that know their God will display strength and take action; they will stand firm and prevail, and they will have insight into what God is doing.
- The people who have insight will cause others to understand. It will be a great time of impartation and teaching and seeing many come to the truth. There will be true prophets and vessels of God’s truth and wisdom who will be able to impart to many the truth of God’s Word.
- There will be persecution against God’s people, but the Lord will strengthen us and allow us to walk in faith during these days no matter what we face. We thank the Lord for the instruction and wisdom contained in His Word that enable us to walk through these times as faithful saints of the Lord.