One of the obvious problems of this day and age is a tremendous spirit of division at work in the culture we live in right now. But we are not in a culture war. This is not about the left against the right. It is not about Republicans against Democrats. It is not about any of the wars we see surrounding us. If we try to make it about good and evil, or make it into a political struggle, we become a problem. What we are seeing take place is the end-time battle between truth and lie—the truth against the lie.
Any time we use terminology like “culture war” or “left against right,” we are focusing on the subjective—on one person against another person. As believers, it is imperative that we recognize this, because every time we get on this level, we are in a battle against flesh and blood.
But our battle is not against flesh and blood. It is a battle of truth against the lie. When we put the battle in those terms—when we are talking about God against satan—it becomes very objective. Truth is objective. Lies are objective. There are no gray areas. Something is either truth or something is a lie. It is not up to human evaluation.
We do not want to get caught up in the ways of the world. We want to keep our focus absolutely pinpointed on the truth. These are days of deception. Satan is trying to make himself and those who have become in his likeness of the lie look as though they are right, that they are the truth and that God is the one Who’s lying.
This is exactly what he did with Adam and Eve. He told them, “What God said is not true. You’re not going to die if you eat the apple—God just doesn’t want you to compete with Him.” He turned God into the liar. He is doing the same thing in this age. Do not bite on the lie. Do not go the way of Adam and Eve. We do not want to get caught up in thinking that our fight is something that it is not.
- Numbers 23:19. “God is not a man, that He should lie.”
- John 3:33. “God is true.”
- John 8:44. “You are of your father the devil, and … there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”
- Romans 1:25. “For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator.”
- “Our strength is in knowing that God is truth.”
- “Do not build for yourself a house of lies. Come to the truth. Live in the truth. If we allow the truth to set us free, we walk with God, and with this comes the ability to worship him in Spirit and in truth.”
- “You don’t just tell a lie. You choose a father.”
- Do not lose sight of the fact that God the Father, Christ our Lord, and the Holy Spirit are one and they are the truth.
- Always remember that as we pursue maturity in God, we are choosing God as our Father. As we do that, we are transformed from glory to glory into His image, which is the truth.
- Also remember that the opposite is true. The judgment of God comes upon the lie, which is satan. You don’t just lie, you become lie—and thereby you choose satan as your father, and you are transformed into his nature.
- Keep in mind that satan appears as an angel of light to disguise his nature of lie. Therefore, we must cry out to God for discernment by the Holy Spirit of truth, that we might know the truth and be set free from the lie by the truth.