We hear so much today about global warming and the pollution of our planet and the things that are going on around us. Could the global warming problem have something to do with the relationship between God and the human race? Society does not talk much about this possibility, but do the Scriptures?
The global warming that we hear so much about these days is not caused by a certain lifestyle or how many cars we drive. The false narrative we are getting from the scientists can never lead to a solution for pollution and the other things that are taking place on this planet.
Yes, the inhabitants of the earth are the cause of the problem. But it is a problem that stems from our transgression of the laws of God. It stems from our violation of His statutes and the breaking of the covenants He has made with us. So now the earth is under the curse of God because of the defilement of mankind. And the land itself is turning against us and beginning to spew us out.
Human efforts and energy to save the planet are not going to be a substitute for our hearts turning to God. There’s no technology that will overcome the way we have related with God for so many years. We have a deficit from which we must recover. God is not going to be satisfied with just a few actions or a few slight words. He weighs our hearts. He weighs our motivations. And it is going to take true repentance, or He will not hear.
- Psalm 24:1–4. “The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:26. “The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains.”
- Genesis 1:26–29. “God created man in His own image.”
- Genesis 9:1–4. “God blessed Noah and his sons.”
- Genesis 6:13–22– “Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood.”
- Psalm 8:3–6. “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers.”
- John 5:19. “For whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does.”
- John 5:30. “I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”
- Isaiah 24:3–5. “The earth will be completely laid waste.”
- Isaiah 24:6. “A curse devours the earth, and those who live in it are held guilty.”
- Leviticus 18:24–25. “The land has spewed out its inhabitants.”
- Leviticus 20:22. “So that the land…will not spew you out.”
- John 3:16. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son.”
- John 3:19. “Men loved the darkness rather than the Light.”
- Zechariah 7:12–13. “‘They called and I would not listen,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
- Isaiah 59:1–4. “Your sins have hidden His face … so that He does not hear.”
- 1 Samuel 2:3. “Do not let arrogance come out of your mouth.”
- Luke 16:13–15. “God knows your hearts.”
- Proverbs 21:2. “But the Lord weighs the hearts.”
- Proverbs 16:2. “But the Lord weighs the motives.”
- Romans 8:19–22. “The creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.”
- “The earth is being devoured. But we cannot fix it unless God Himself is willing to remove the curse that He has placed on it due to our sin and disobedience.”
- “The science behind global warming is of little importance compared to the theology behind it. The earth is in the process of spewing us out because of the defilement of mankind. The land does not want to break its relationship with God even if we as mankind are willing to break our relationship with Him.”
- “The solution to global warming, as well as all the issues of pollution and the destruction we see in our planet, is not going to be brought about by scientists and politicians. We need a global revival—the hearts of humanity crying to God, asking for forgiveness and deliverance from the destruction that we have set in motion.”
- The scriptures are clear that the pollution, destruction, and futility of our planet earth are due to humanity’s disobedience and refusal of God’s instructions—not because of a problem with science.
- As believers, we must repent of our wicked ways and seek the Lord with all of our hearts to release an outpouring of His spirit and revival through this planet.
- The earth is crying for the salvation of our God, and eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God that will be brought forth in this hour to set the planet free from its futility. “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on this earth as it is in heaven!”