From May 7 through May 28 there will be a time of fasting and prayer for Israel and Jerusalem. The idea was conceived by Mike Bickle, the pastor of International House of Prayer in Kansas City. Visit the website www.isaiah62fast.com to access information about this event, including a six-minute video by Pastor Bickle. I encourage you to participate in this prayer event if you feel led. I think this is a wonderful opportunity to help create the burden for Israel and the Jewish people within the worldwide Body of Christ.
The goal of the Isaiah 62 Fast (www.isaiah62fast.com) is for more than a million people to be in prayer 24 hours a day for 21 days to see the fulfillment of God’s promises to Israel. Started by Pastor Mike Bickle it has already grown to hundreds of thousands of participants. This event will begin on May 7 and end on May 28, which is the Day of Pentecost.
On Pentecost there will be a gathering at the southern steps of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, which I am hoping to attend. Hargrave Ministries had already scheduled a trip to be in Israel during that time, and we plan to be part of the Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast that will take place on the first of June. I am excited to connect with this focused time of prayer because I believe it will expand the burden for the Jewish people and Jerusalem within the Body of Christ. Many Christians still do not have the revelation of what God is going to do in the end-time surrounding Israel and the Jewish people.
I think it is a fantastic event and we should look to see it be tremendously successful, not only in reaching the Body of Christ, but also in the effectiveness of the prayer itself for Israel and Jerusalem. Isaiah 62 contains many beautiful promises over Israel, and now the Body of Christ from around the world is part of their fulfillment by being the watchmen on the wall to remind the Lord what He has said concerning Israel.
- Isaiah 62:1–12 “On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; all day and all night they will never keep silent.”
- Romans 11:17–21 “You, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree.”
- Psalm 102:13–18. “This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.”
From the Isaiah 62 Fast website (www.isaiah62fast.com):
- “A collaboration of several thousand ministries—including Lou Engle, Jason Hubbard, Mike Bickle—are calling 1 million believers to participate in a global solemn assembly (May 7–28) to fast in various ways and to pray for the Lord’s purposes for Israel AND to ask Him to raise up 100 million intercessors for Israel according to His promise in Isaiah 62:6.”
- “This will be the first time in history that far more than 1 million will continue 24 hours a day for 21 days in praying for God’s promises for Israel. The uniqueness of this prayer initiative is itself a sign of the times and an acceleration of God’s set time for a generation yet to be created to engage together in His purposes for Israel (Ps. 102:13, 18).”
- The potential impact of this on the Jewish people, the State of Israel, and the city of Jerusalem is going to be amazing when they learn how many believers are crying out to God for the fulfillment of the prophecies over them to come true at this time of Pentecost.
- We work a lot with Israel and the people who live in Israel and Jerusalem, and they are always touched by the love and the drive that Christians have for them. It gives them a strength in their own faith and their own belief in the Word. And we want to do this with this event.
- It is guaranteed by God that His promises to Israel will be fulfilled. He will never reject His people no matter what they have done, no matter what they are doing today. He will make a new covenant with them, and they will all know Him from the least to the greatest. He will forgive their sins. He will bring them forth as the nation that He has always promised that they would be in His presence to stand before Him.