Potential energy is an object’s capacity to do something—to act or to work. Kinetic energy is the energy an object has while it is active and in motion. These terms describe the provisions we have by God’s grace. His salvation and His gifts remain potentials until they are activated and set in motion in our lives. Just as we activated salvation by accepting Christ, we must activate and put in motion the complete deliverance God has provided for us by His divine power.
Was salvation created when you repented of your sins and invited Christcinto your heart? No, salvation took place at the cross. It took place during the Passover when Christ the Lamb of God was slain for us and was resurrected. Salvation has existed since then as potential energy, and until we accept salvation personally, activating it as kinetic energy in our lives, all it can be is potential.
This is true of all the promises and provisions that God has made available through His grace. They exist only as potentials until we believe them and take action ourselves to put them in motion. When we look at how much God has already given us through His grace and His love and His gifts, I would say that many of these potentials are still not active and working in our lives. Yes, we have forgiveness of sin. But what about our physical healing? What about the deliverances we need? How many things are we in bondage to today, whether it is the ways of this world, drugs, or emotional issues?
Peter wrote that God’s divine power has provided everything pertaining to life and godliness. He has given us His precious and magnificent promises that we may become partakers of the divine nature. We have the fruit of the Spirit—all the attributes of Christ’s nature. In the gifts of the Spirit, we have the ability to work miracles; we have understanding, revelation, and discernment. Let us be persistently seeking, knocking, and asking the Lord so that we let go of our reluctance and unbelief and activate these great provisions in our lives.
- Joshua 13:1. “Very much of the land remains to be possessed.”
- Romans 10:6-11. “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART.”
- John 19:30. “It is finished!”
- Luke 13:34. “How often I wanted to gather your children … and you would not
- 1 Peter 2:24. “By His wounds you were healed.”
- Isaiah 53:6. “The LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.”
- Luke 11:5-13. “Everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to
him who knocks, it will be opened.”
- Ephesians 4:17-24. “Lay aside the old self … and put on the new self.”
- 1 Corinthians 2:9. “Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard …
that God has prepared for those who love Him.”
- 2 Peter 1:2-4. “His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may
become partakers of the divine nature.”
- 2 Peter 1:5-8. “For this very reason also, applying all diligence …”
- Colossians 3:9-17. “You laid aside the old self with its evil practices, and have
put on the new self.”
- Romans 12:1-2. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the
renewing of your mind.”
- 1 Peter 5:7. “Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
- “All things that He provided for in Christ do exist, and they’re waiting for you to
turn them from potential into kinetic energy in your life.”
- “Like putting on a sweater, you put on the new. When it’s hanging in the closet, that’s potential energy. When you put it on that’s kinetic. You wear it around all day and it functions with you as a garment.”
- “What an amazing salvation we have! It goes so far beyond what we’ve been able to imagine at this point because of the darkness that’s existed in our minds. And we need to cast that out and put on this new self.”
- Salvation existed before you received it. All the promises and provisions of God exist right now as potential energy. We are not waiting for them to be created. They are available to be possessed.
- As Christians we had to believe in Christ as our salvation and ask Him into our lives for the forgiveness of sin. His grace that provides our forgiveness also provides our healing, transformation, and deliverance on every level. We must believe and appropriate all of God’s provisions for them to manifest and work in our lives today.
- God’s grace becomes kinetic energy when we clothe ourselves with Christ by putting on His promises and provisions by faith in Him and through Him.