Many today are concerned about the disturbing patterns of behavior in society. My main concern is the fact that the lifestyle, mentality, and paradigms of this me generation are absolutely in conflict with the Kingdom of God. And these patterns are driven by satan’s deception to bring destruction to this generation. Our prayer must be that the Lord breaks this deception and judges the spiritual forces that are behind it.
Yeshua (Jesus) told a parable about a nobleman who went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself and then return. But his citizens hated him and said, “We do not want this man to reign over us.” I think this is very much a cautionary parable for us today because I believe we are living in a generation when society is saying, “We do not want Christ to rule over us. We want to be our own lord. We want to serve ourselves.”
This mentality is absolutely set that nothing be more important than self. It says, “Nothing can rule over me. Even my biology can’t rule over me. Scientific facts can’t rule over me. Even my gender is flexible according to whatever I happen to feel.” You have to see how absolutely perverse that is, flying in the face of the reality that God is your Creator. He created your gender. He created your gifts and abilities and the enabling of those abilities. He is the One who gave you free choice and not you yourself.
No matter how wonderful we think we are as human beings, we were created to serve and worship God. That was Christ’s purpose in bringing salvation and then being seated at the right hand of the Father, where He reigns until every enemy is brought into subjection. And just as Balaam tried to bring the people of Israel to the place that God had to destroy them, satan wants to manipulate people today into destruction by becoming God’s enemy. Let us pray that people wake up, heed the warnings of the Scriptures, and return to the Lord as He brings His Kingdom on the earth.
- Revelation 7:17. “God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”
- Revelation 19:16. “He has a name written, ‘KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.’”
- Ephesians 1:20–22. “He … seated Him at His right hand. … And He put all things in subjection under His feet.”
- Hebrews 10:12–13. “He … SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD … UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:25. “He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:28. “The Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.”
- Luke 19:11–14. “A nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return.”
- Luke 19:26–27. “These enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”
- Numbers 24:10. “I called you to curse my enemies, but behold, you have persisted in blessing them.”
- Numbers 31:16. “These caused the sons of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the LORD.”
- Ephesians 6:12. “Our struggle is … against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
- “People are being literally programmed to resist and reject the Kingdom of God and to reject the very premise of the Kingdom of God, which is there’s something greater than you.”
- “People do not want anything or anybody to be over them. Or they do not want themselves to be in submission or subjection to anyone else, rules or regulations, or whatever. And the problem with that is that is not the Kingdom of God.”
- “The focus of eternity is not about you. The focus of church is not supposed to be you. It is supposed to be Christ who came to win our salvation as Messiah, but also to be exalted after His resurrection as Lord at the right hand of the Father.”
- This me generation may reject being subjected to the Lordship of Christ but remember what the Scriptures say: He will reign until He has made every enemy the footstool of His feet, and everything will be brought into subjection to Christ and His Lordship. The American ideal of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been perverted into a me worshipping generation, and we pray that be ended.
- The Kingdom of God will manifest, and it will be in direct opposition to this mentality by imposing the Lordship of Christ. My prayer is that the Lord will break the deception and judge the principalities that are set to see this generation destroyed.
- Remember, this is how satan works because of his inability to destroy us. He manipulates people so that God becomes their enemy and must judge them for their disobedience.