We are living in the age when Christ is bringing His Kingdom to this earth. This is a process. The ruler of this world, the devil, is determined to stop God from setting Christ on His earthly throne and establishing the Messianic Kingdom. The devil seeks to continue his reign permanently through eternity as the ruler of this world. He wants to establish his kingdom of darkness on the earth, and he wants to install his sons on the throne to reign over all mankind. Christ describes this process in the parable of “The Wheat and the Tares.”
Christ explained what is now transpiring in the world in a very simple parable. The world is a field. The seed that is sown in the field are the sons of God. The tares are the sons of the evil one. At the end of the age there is going to be a harvest. It is interesting that He said they need to grow up together.
The devil is going to try to do everything he can, using his natural seed, the sons of the devil (which are earthly individuals) to try to distract and destroy the coming forth of God’s sons. This is the dynamic that we live in today. But the harvest is ready. The Kingdom of God will come forth. And the sooner that the maturity of the wheat arrives, the quicker this harvest arrives.
We are waiting for the Messiah to return to establish His earthly kingdom. But first He must remove all the tares out of the earth. Everything that the god of this age has implanted into the earth must first be removed, and then He can start afresh to build His Kingdom. Christ’s intent was not for us to be taken out of this world, but that the Father protect us from the influences of the evil one, the tares, that were growing up alongside us in the world. He does this by maturing us.
- John 12:31. “The ruler of this world will be cast out.”
- Ephesians 2:1–2. “The prince of the power of the air…is now working.”
- 1 John 5:19. “The whole world lies in the power of the evil one.”
- Matthew 13:24–30. “Allow both to grow together until the harvest.”
- Matthew 13:36–43. “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”
- Revelation 14:14–16. “The harvest of the earth is ripe.”
- Daniel 7:21–22. “The saints took possession of the kingdom.”
- Daniel 7:26–27. “And his dominion shall be taken away.”
- Daniel 2:44–45. “The God of heaven will set up a kingdom.”
- Matthew 24:21–22. “For the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.”
- John 17:14–15. “I do not ask that you take them out of the world.”
- Ephesians 4:13-16. “Until we all attain… to a mature man.”
- 1 Peter 2:1–2. “Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit.”
- Luke 18:6–8. “Will not God bring about justice for his elect?”
- Joel 2:28. “I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh.”
- “Christ Himself says that it is necessary that we as sons of God grow up alongside the tares, because if they were torn out, something would damage our growth—and what is important is that we grow and mature.”
- “I’m so concerned about God’s people maturing because I believe that our maturity is the trigger to the great harvest that comes. The harvest has to wait for that process.”
- “Our best defense is our strong offense. We are not to be defensive about what’s going on in the world. We are not to get distracted by the tares. Our fight is not against flesh and blood. Our fight is a fight of faith.”
- We must not feel there is nothing we can do about where we are now. We can overcome. That is our focus and where we place our energy. Our fight is a fight of faith to grow up and mature to the fullness of Christ.
- We must keep in mind that Yeshua stated that the earth is now in a race between the sons of God and the sons of the evil one to come to maturity first and trigger the end-time harvest.
- We must cry out day and night that God will bring about justice for His elect, that His judgments will cut short the time in a preemptive strike against the plan of the devil, that He send His angels to pull out of this earth all that has polluted it, and that He will bring forth His Kingdom.