Purim – The Ways of Spiritual Warfare – Episode 27
Many Christians don’t celebrate the Feast of Purim. Some are not even aware of what it is. However, if we read the Book of Esther—about how the young queen and her cousin saved the Jewish people from total annihilation—we understand why the Feast of Purim is truly worthy of celebration by Christians. Purim preserved the way for the Messiah to come. In the Book of Esther, we also find one of the most significant teachings in the scriptures about spiritual warfare and how it works.
The Feast of Purim is not just for the Jewish people, but it is also a celebration for Christians, and all allies of the Jewish people.
If it had not been for the miraculous victory we see in the story of Esther, then Haman would have been successful in his murderous decree and all Jews in the world at that time—every man, woman, and child—would have been ruthlessly killed. If the Jewish people had been completely annihilated, then Christ would not have been born in a manger and He could not have come forth as the Messiah.
We also see what has happened for us. When Esther entered the king’s presence, the king loved her and extended his scepter to accept her presence in his throne room. In the same way, God extended His scepter to Jesus the Messiah, Yeshua Hamashiach, to receive Him into His throne room and to accept His sacrifice. So, like the Jewish people in the story of Esther, we have been delivered from the decree of death and annihilation against us.
So at Purim, let us not forget that if Haman’s evil plot had been fulfilled, there would be no Christ that came to have His intercession for us and to walk out our story in a way that brought salvation into our lives.
- Esther 4:14. “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
- Romans 8:24. “For in hope we have been saved.”
- Romans 16:20. “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.”
- Psalm 149:8-9. “To bind their kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron . . . This is an honor for all His godly ones.”
- “The reason we have a Savior today is because of this tremendous victory that took place under Esther and under Mordecai against the decree of annihilation that was brought about by Haman.”
- “We see as part of the reality of spiritual warfare that whatever someone sends out comes back upon their own head. This is why we must be so careful with what we say and how we minister, because if we judge, we are judged.”
- “We are the ones that crush the plan of the enemy.”
- Let us study the Book of Esther carefully, get the understanding, and pray over it, that God might open our eyes so that we can see how the Body of Christ must move forward.
- Let us proclaim the cross of Christ and our freedom, because it is only through voicing the name of Christ that we see the judgments and death sentences removed as all humanity rises up with a cry in their heart to receive what God has done for them in salvation.
- Let us rise up in the mighty name of Yeshua Hamashiach, Jesus the Christ, to bind the strong man at work in the earth and plunder his house.
- Let us bless the Jewish people during this great celebration of the Feast of Purim, that God would deliver them from every determination for their annihilation, and declare that the spirits of hatred and division that come against the Body of Christ would all be brought down in the mighty name of Yeshua Hamashiach.